Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Beauty of The Pursuit of Happyness


I would like to start with one of my favorite movies called "The Pursuit of Happyness", which I watched last night again, and felt exactly the same excitement that I had had at the first time.

I love this movie because it is natural and filtered from artificial emotions and fake characters. It is what it is and it is exactly the life itself with all of its beauties, but mixed with the disastrous side of it. When I finished the movie, which I did not even realize how long it was because it sucked me in, I felt not only how heavy on our shoulders living in this life and staying on your feet with your principals might be, but also, life is a one-time-opportunity and the important thing is how you pursue your life and how you reach your goals under which conditions. If you are looking for the answers of such questions, you will definitely find some answers in this movie.


Also, some might ask themselves why the happyness is spelled with a "y" instead of "i". To be honest I did not know the answer first, but when I searched I realized that it is a special request from the owner of the story, Chris Gardner, who has given this explanation: ""There was a place once in Oakland [Ca] near the MacArthur Park station that became very, very, very important to my son and I at the most challenging stage of our journey, and they spelled happiness with a 'y' and that's why it's spelled that way... It's personal [the spelling]. It's definitely personal."

I always thing of what Einstein has said once: “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” This movie explains this quote much better than anything does, so I recommend you to get back home after work and spend your night watching this movie. You would not regret what you have done when the movie is over.

Thank you for your interest.

No comments: